What is a successful referral?
Though there may be many customers sharing their referral link with friends, a referral is only considered successful, or "completed" if it meets these requirements:
- The referred friend completes a purchase for the minimum spend amount (price after discount).
- Must be the referred friend's first purchase.
- The user agent & IP address that clicks on the referral link must match the user agent & IP address that completes the purchase.
Things that may cause a referral to fail:
- If the customer clicked on the referral link, but then made the purchase on a different IP address or user agent, the referring customer would not get the kickback.
- If the minimum spent amount was reached, but part of the sum was paid for using a coupon, this will not be counted as a completed referral. The minimum amount must be paid for with actual money and by using redemption options.
- The referral will only be completed if the minimum amount is spent in the first purchase made via the referral link. The amount cannot span across several purchases.
- The referring customer sends their unique link to friends
- The friend clicks on a referral link and makes a purchase
- The referring customer checks their program status
- The referring customer redeems existing credits